The Workforce Matters Steering Committee has approved the use of up to $5,000 in the 2019 budget for a scholarship fund to support member attendance at Workforce Matters events and meetings.
The fund is specifically meant to:
- Provide opportunities for those with limited exposure to other workforce development grantmakers or professional development opportunities;
- Help members from smaller organizations or institutions with limited travel and professional development budgets; and
- Increase representation from traditionally underrepresented groups (including but not limited to younger staff, people of color, and grantmakers from rural or smaller communities) at Workforce Matters events and meetings.
Scholarship funds may be used for expenses related to participation in the following types of events:
- Workforce Matters Steering Committee meetings
- Workforce Matters Learning Network meetings
- Workforce Matters site visits
- Conferences where Workforce Matters is a sponsor, major presenter, or host of a networking dinner
Scholarships may be requested to cover up to 50% of the cost of attendance for up to a maximum of $750 per person and per organization per year. Scholarships will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Workforce Matters Steering Committee, and eligibility requirements do apply.
For more information, please email us.