The Fund for Workforce Equity is now accepting applications!
A new pooled fund organized by Workforce Matters members, The Fund for Workforce Equity will provide flexible resources and support to workforce development organizations seeking to pilot, adopt, and learn from new strategies as well as innovate on or extend existing strategies that center workers and learners of color in workforce policy and program design and implementation. Up to $1,000,000 will be awarded as part of our first round of funding in 2022. Workforce Matters will hold an applicant webinar on June 16 at 3 pm ET. Register below.
Application packets must be submitted by July 31, 2022. Submit all inquiries and applications to FWE@workforce-matters.org.
Join Workforce Matters and Economic Opportunity Funders (EOF) on June 14 from 1:00 pm to 1:45 pm ET to learn Why & How to Share Your Grants Data with Candid. In this introductory webinar, Candid staff will break down why and how to share grants data to tell your organization’s grantmaking story – from the issues you support to the populations you serve. They’ll also guide you through some of Candid’s resources where this data gets put to use to benefit the sector and share the latest updates. We will also provide some context around the possibilities of real-time giving insights and connecting the dots on the collective funding of our networks.
This program is for EOF and Workforce Matters members only. Program officers and grants management staff are encouraged to attend.
on our calendars
- Making Skills Training Affordable for Working Adults June 1 | 3:30 PM ET | National Skills Coalition | Online Learn More + Register
- The Biden Administration's New Rules for the 21st Century Economy June 2 | 11:00 AM ET | Roosevelt Institute | Online Learn More + Register
- Why Fair Chance Hiring June 3 | 1:00 PM ET | National Reentry Workforce Collaborative | Online Learn More + Register
- Public Accountability Initiative/LittleSis Funder Briefing June 7 | 12:00 PM ET | The Arca Foundation / Ford Foundation | Online Learn More + Register
- Horizons Conference June 7-8 2022 | Jobs for the Future | New Orleans, LA Learn More + Register
- Practitioner Talks: A Conversation with Neena Potenza of Ingka Group (IKEA Retail) on Economic Mobility for Frontline Workers June 15 | 12:00 PM ET | WorkRise | Online Learn More + Register
new information + resources
- Economic Well-Being of U.S. Households in 2021 Federal Reserve Board | Read the Report
- The Uncertain Pathway from Youth to a Good Job Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce |Read the Report
- Racial Income Inequality Dynamics: Big Data Insights from 2013 through COVID-19 JPMorgan Chase Institute | Read the Report
- How House Passed WIOA Reauthorization Would Change Youth Programs CLASP | Read the Report
- Guaranteed Income: A Primer for Funders Asset Funders Network | Read the Brief
- Economy's Essential Early Care and Education Industry Recovering but Still Faces Labor Shortfall Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas | Read the Post
- Lighting the Path to Remove Systemic Barriers in Higher Education and Award Earned Postsecondary Credentials through IHEP’s Degrees When Due Initiative IHEP | Read the Report
- Aligning the Registered Apprenticeship and Workforce Development Systems: A Resource AIR | Read the Brief
- Building Back Better: Reimagining the Care Economy S. DOL | Read the Post
Grant, Fellowship, and Award Opportunities
- JPMorgan Chase recently opened a Call for Ideas for their 2022 Annual Challenge, which will award three-year grants ranging from $500,000 to $3 million each to up to 10 individual organizations or partnerships working to catalyze change, drive equitable economic recovery from the pandemic, and tackle enduring drivers of racial and gender wealth gaps. Learn More
- In partnership with Google.org, JFF recently announced three opportunities for public sector organizations who are interested in launching or have launched work focused on creating equitable pathways into high quality tech careers, a chance to either develop a comprehensive digital jobs strategy for their region or implement training solutions to upskill and/or reskill local residents. Learn More
- After partnering with local organizations in 11 cities to deliver 14 Workforce Leadership Academies, the Aspen Institute Economic Opportunities Program (EOP) is issuing a Request for Applications for partners for an additional six Academies. Selected partners will receive a challenge grant of $50,000. Learn More
- The U.S. Department of Labor recently announced a funding opportunity of $2 million for up to eight grants to help women who are paid low wages learn about and access their employment rights and benefits. Applications are due July 1. Learn More
- The U.S. Department of Labor recently announced a funding opportunity of $3.4 million for up to nine grants to attract and keep women in Registered Apprenticeship Programs and industries where they are underrepresented such as manufacturing, infrastructure, cybersecurity and healthcare. Applications are due June 20. Learn More
- Care For All With Respect And Equity (Care) Fund - Program Officer
- Code Nation - Chief Executive Officer
- Genentech - Senior Manager II, Corporate Giving and Program Lead, Kindergarten-Careers
- The James Irvine Foundation - Senior Program Officer
- SoCal Grantmakers - Consultant - Workforce Funders Group (Contract position)
- Urban Institute - Director, Building America’s Workforce (Income and Benefits Policy Center)
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation - Program Officer (Jackson, MS)
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation - Program Officer (New Orleans, LA)
Save the Date!
- NFG 2022 National Convening June 14-16 2022 | Wilmington, NC | Neighborhood Funders Group
- AFN Biennial National Conference 2022 September 13-15 2022 | Oakland, CA | Asset Funders Network
- SHIFT The Future of Workforce September 27-29, 2022 | Minneapolis, MN | National Fund for Workforce Solutions
- Igniting Hope in a Time of Recovery Oct 18-20 | Austin, TX | Grantmakers for Education