Register Today! Aug 23rd Summer Policy Update
Join Workforce Matters and colleagues from the US Departments of Labor and Transportation for an update on federal workforce policies and investments.
Request for Information: Infrastructure Workforce Investments
The White House recently announced the Infrastructure Talent Pipeline Challenge, a nationwide call-to-action seeking commitments that support equitable workforce development in three sectors: Broadband, Construction, and Electrification (e.g., EV Charging Infrastructure and Battery Manufacturing).
Are you making investments in infrastructure-related workforce initiatives? We want to hear from you!
Please take a moment to share information about your grants with Workforce Matters so we can track philanthropy’s contributions and share your information with the Challenge organizers.
Early bird registration ends Sept 9th!
ADVANCING EQUITY THROUGH WORKFORCE PHILANTHROPY
November 14th-16th, 2022 | WASHINGTON, DC
Join your fellow workforce development grantmakers this fall for Further Together: Advancing Equity Through Workforce Philanthropy, a unique three-day gathering featuring nine workshops, two plenaries, opportunities to learn from more than a dozen experts, and ample networking time to reconnect with long-time peers + foster new relationships.
Register now to secure your seat and lock-in our Early Bird Discount!
on our calendars
- Supercharging Social Capital: How Emerging Technologies are Helping Gen Z Access Good Jobs Aug 18 | 2:00 PM ET | Whiteboard Advisors | Online Learn More + Register
- National Trends in Disability Employment (nTIDE) COVID-19 Update August 19 | 12:00 PM ET | Kessler Foundation and the University of New Hampshire | Online Learn More + Register
- How the Rules of the Labor Market Matter for Workers ept 8 | 2:15 PM ET | Federal Reserve | Online Learn More + Register
- AFN Biennial National Conference 2022 Sept 13-15 | Asset Funders Network | Oakland, CA Learn More + Register
- SHIFT The Future of Workforce Sept 27-29 | National Fund for Workforce Solutions | Minneapolis, MN Learn More + Register
- The Financial Health of Young America 2022 September 21 | 2:00 PM ET | Grantmakers for Thriving Youth Learn More + Register
new information + resources
- Recommendations for Strengthening the Reentry Employment Opportunities Program CLASP | Read the Report
- You Can’t Improve Black Women’s Economic Well-being without Addressing Both Wealth and Income Gaps Urban Institute | Read the Findings
- U.S. Department of Commerce Announces Winners of the $500 Million Good Jobs Challenge to Expand Employment Opportunities Economic Development Administration | Read the Announcement
- Out Sick Without Pay Urban Institute | Read the Brief
- National Solar Jobs Census 2021 Interstate Renewable Energy Council | Read the Report
- Varying Degrees 2022: Sixth Annual Survey on Higher Education New America | Read the Report
- The George Washington University Program on Skills, Credentials, and Workforce Policy is hosting an in-person for a memorial honoring Steve Crawford's professional accomplishments and legacy on September 22nd from 3-5pm. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
- Expanding the Bench is pleased to announce that registration is open for the 2022 CREE Learning Series! This series provides learners just starting out with, or seeking a refresher on, culturally responsive and equitable evaluation (CREE) with a high-level overview of key concepts designed fro Evaluators, Funders of Evaluation, and Evaluation Partners. Learn More
- The WES Mariam Assefa Fund recently announced $1 million in new grants to eight organizations that are working to shift employer practices and build career pathways that improve economic mobility for immigrants and refugees. Learn More
Grant, Fellowship, and Award Opportunities
- Workforce Matters' Fund for Workforce Equity is seeking an evaluation partner to help document the activities and outcomes of this initiative and our partners and provide guidance to both field partners and grantmakers on strategies to engage workers and learners of color in informing workforce policy and program design and implementation. Proposals are due August 26. Learn More and Apply
- Ascendium - Senior Learning and Impact Officer
- Ascendium -
Associate Learning and Impact Officer
- Care For All With Respect And Equity (Care) Fund - Program Officer
- Code Nation - Chief Executive Officer
- Education Strategy Group - Director, Career Readiness
- Job Opportunities Task Force (JOTF) - Chief Executive Officer
- MxD - Program Manager - Workforce Development
- National Fund for Workforce Solutions - Communications Director
- National Fund for Workforce Solutions - Development Director
- U.S. Department of Education - Pathways Impact Fellow
- WES Mariam Assefa Fund - Senior Director
Save the Date!
- Igniting Hope in a Time of Recovery Oct 18-20 | Austin, TX | Grantmakers for Education
- Culture Wars, Political Polarization, and the 2022 Midterms: Implications for Building an Economy that Works for All | Nov 30 - Dec 1 | Washington, DC | Economic Opportunity Funders