- On Tuesday 6/16/20 at 12:00 PM eastern Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees is hosting Refugees, Resilience, and COVID-19: Opportunities for Philanthropic Engagement. To learn more and register, click here.
- Part two of our series on remote working and learning is coming up this Wednesday 06/17 at 2pm ET with the webinar Digital Inclusion 101: Who has internet access, why, and what can funders do about it? Click here to learn more and register.
- Our colleagues at Citi Foundation have partnered with NPower for a Thursday June 18th webinar highlighting groundbreaking research on increasing the number of Black and LatinX women in the tech talent pipeline and instructors in the classroom.
- Grantmakers for Thriving Youth is hosting a conversation next Tuesday 6/23/20 at 1:00 PM that will feature findings and recommendations of new Education Trust research—Voices of Youth and Families: Equity Considerations in Social, Emotional and Academic Development as well as responses and critiques from district and community-based leaders. Click here to learn more and register.
Other upcoming events include:
- Middle class economic security during the COVID-19 crisis. Brookings | 6/16/20 2:00 PM. https://www.brookings.edu/events/webinar-middle-class-economic-security-during-the-covid-19-crisis/
- How Can Data Science Support an Inclusive Recovery? Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth | 6/17/20 11:00 AM. https://www.mastercardcenter.org/events/webinar-how-can-data-science-support-inclusive-recovery?cmp=organic.newsletter.email.events.data4good.all.global.june_events20.
- Ask Us Anything: Lessons from the Great Recession. Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta | 6/17/20 2:00 PM. https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_OEFT9X2gT0apz5UupcsMXw?utm_source=Atlanta+Fed+E-mail+Subscriptions&utm_campaign=b9116d8b53-cweo-wd-month-2019-09-17_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b7a27f0b85-b9116d8b53-258892977
- Automation, training, and the middle class. Brookings | 6/18/20 1:00 PM. https://www.brookings.edu/events/webinar-automation-training-and-the-middle-class/
- Race, artificial intelligence, and systemic inequalities. Brookings | 6/19/20 3:00 PM. https://www.brookings.edu/events/webinar-race-artificial-intelligence-and-systemic-inequalities/
- The Indispensable Institution: Reimagining Community College. Opportunity America | 6/25/20 2:00 PM. https://opportunityamericaonline.org/indispensableinstitution/
In case you missed it…
- The recording and materials from last week’s webinar on Building CBO Capacity and Supporting Participant Success in Remote Learning are now available on our website (no password required).
- If you missed the Funder Townhall on Summer Jobs and Service Corps Programs we recently co-sponsored with our colleagues at the Youth Transition Funders Group, you can access a copy of the recording by clicking here.
- On June 9, the Aspen Economic Opportunities Program hosted a discussion, “Open to Good Jobs: Now is the Time to Improving Equity and Job Quality in Restaurant Work,” reflecting on the long history of racism and poor job quality in the restaurant industry and recommendations to chart a better path forward. You can view the recording here.
- JobsFirstNYC has shared the video and a brief recap from their recent virtual forum, Adapting to the Future of Work: Transforming Systems to Advance Young Adult Economic Mobility.
- Jobs for the Future will be releasing recordings of sessions from last week’s Horizons conference on their YouTube page over the coming weeks. If you registered for the conference but missed a session, you can also check out the recordings here on the conference website.
For More Information
For an extended list of additional events as well as a regularly-updated list of new reports and other resources, visit the COVID-19 response hub on our website at https://workforce-matters.org/covid-19-ensuring-an-equitable-response-and-recovery/