Request for Information: Infrastructure Workforce Investments
The White House recently announced the Infrastructure Talent Pipeline Challenge, a nationwide call-to-action seeking commitments that support equitable workforce development in three sectors: Broadband, Construction, and Electrification (e.g., EV Charging Infrastructure and Battery Manufacturing).
Are you making investments in infrastructure-related workforce initiatives? We want to hear from you!
Please take a moment to share information about your grants with Workforce Matters so we can track philanthropy’s contributions and share your information with the Challenge organizers.
Register Today! Aug 23rd Summer Policy Update
Join Workforce Matters and colleagues from the US Departments of Labor and Transportation for an update on federal workforce policies and investments.
The Fund for Workforce Equity is accepting applications through 7/31!
A new pooled fund organized by Workforce Matters members, The Fund for Workforce Equity will provide flexible resources and support to workforce development organizations seeking to pilot, adopt, and learn from new strategies as well as innovate on or extend existing strategies that center workers and learners of color in workforce policy and program design and implementation. Up to $1,000,000 will be awarded as part of our first round of funding in 2022. Workforce Matters held an informational webinar for applicants on June 16. Click below to apply and to access the webinar recording, slides, and answers to FAQs. We will be accepting applications through our portal through July 31, 2022.
Applications must be submitted by July 31, 2022 at 11:59 pm HST.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
ADVANCING EQUITY THROUGH WORKFORCE PHILANTHROPY
November 14th-16th, 2022 | WASHINGTON, DC
Join your fellow workforce development grantmakers this fall for Further Together: Advancing Equity Through Workforce Philanthropy, a unique three-day gathering featuring nine workshops, two plenaries, opportunities to learn from more than a dozen experts, and ample networking time to reconnect with long-time peers + foster new relationships.
Register now to secure your seat and lock-in our
Early Bird Discount!
on our calendars
- Creating Good Jobs: Perspectives from Small Employers July 26 | 3:00 PM ET | WorkRise | Online Learn More + Register
- For Better or Worse: Designing Jobs During Technological Change July 27 | 2:00 pm ET | Aspen Institute | Online Learn More + Register
- Skill Profiles and Portability of Credentials for the Technical Workforce in Virginia July 27 | 1:00 PM ET | Non-Degree Credentials Research Network | Online Learn More + Register
- From theory to reality: How skills advocates are advancing digital skills policy August 9 | 3:00 PM ET | National Skills Coalition | Online Learn More + Register
new information + resources
- Early Lessons from D.C.’s Paid Leave Program CLASP | Read the Report
- Access to Paid Leave Is Lowest among Workers with the Greatest Needs Urban Institute | Read the Report
- Partnerships between Community Development Financial Institutions and Workforce Development Organizations Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta | Read the Discussion Paper
- Diverging Employment Pathways Among Young Adults Brookings / Child Trends | Read the Report
- More workers without degrees are landing jobs. Will it last? Washington Post | Read the Article
- Transitions – A More Inclusive Way to Look at Transfer ECMC Foundation | Read the Blog Post
Grant, Fellowship, and Award Opportunities
- After partnering with local organizations in 11 cities to deliver 14 Workforce Leadership Academies, the Aspen Institute Economic Opportunities Program (EOP) is issuing a Request for Applications for partners for an additional six Academies. Selected partners will receive a challenge grant of $50,000. Proposals are due Aug 1. Learn More
- Workforce Matters' Fund for Workforce Equity is seeking an evaluation partner to help document the activities and outcomes of this initiative and our partners and provide guidance to both field partners and grantmakers on strategies to engage workers and learners of color in informing workforce policy and program design and implementation. Proposals are due August 26. Learn More and Apply
- Ascendium - Senior Learning and Impact Officer
- Ascendium -
Associate Learning and Impact Officer
- Care For All With Respect And Equity (Care) Fund - Program Officer
- Code Nation - Chief Executive Officer
- Education Strategy Group - Director, Career Readiness
- NFG's Funders for a Just Economy - Senior Program Manager
- The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation - Program Director, US Education
- Job Opportunities Task Force (JOTF) - Chief Executive Officer
- MxD - Program Manager - Workforce Development
- National Fund for Workforce Solutions - Development Director
- U.S. Department of Education - Pathways Impact Fellow
- WES Mariam Assefa Fund - Senior Director
Save the Date!
- AFN Biennial National Conference 2022 September 13-15 2022 | Oakland, CA | Asset Funders Network
- SHIFT The Future of Workforce September 27-29, 2022 | Minneapolis, MN | National Fund for Workforce Solutions
- Igniting Hope in a Time of Recovery Oct 18-20 | Austin, TX | Grantmakers for Education
- Culture Wars, Political Polarization, and the 2022 Midterms: Implications for Building an Economy that Works for All | Nov 30 - Dec 1 | Washington, DC | Economic Opportunity Funders