Application Deadline is May 6th! Racial Equity Learning Exchange
A three-part intensive cohort for workforce grantmaking organizations
- Are you a leader in a workforce grantmaking organization that has committed to equity work?
- Are you navigating the tensions around introducing or implementing equity-focused policies and practices?
- Would you enjoy a peer learning network dedicated to helping you learn and lead in this work?
Formed in 2006, Race and Equity in Philanthropy Group (REPG) provides a forum for learning exchange among a core group of member foundations on policies and practices related to racial equity and various aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. In 2022-2023, Workforce Matters and REPG are partnering to offer a unique learning exchange opportunity, built on REPG's longstanding model, to enable a small group of Workforce Matters members who are working on implementing racial equity programs, policies, and approaches within their organizations to go deeper. Sessions will be held in June, October, and January. Due to the generous support of the United Philanthropy Forum, this program is being offered free to Workforce Matters members.
The deadline to apply is May 6, 2022.
This program is reserved for grantmakers from qualifying philanthropies. Learn more.
Spring 2022 Workforce Policy Update
Mark your calendars and make plans to join us for our annual Workforce Policy Update webinar Tuesday, May 24th from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm eastern. Representatives of three national organizations will share their insights on the current education, training, and employment policy landscape with us:
- Jee Hang Lee, President & CEO, Association of Community College Trustees
- Ron Painter, President & CEO, National Association of Workforce Boards
- Kate Kreamer, Deputy Executive Director, Advance CTE
All workforce grantmakers from qualifying philanthropies are welcome to attend this free event, but you must register in advance to participate.
Recap: Funder-to-Funder Discussion on Community College Grantmaking
On April 12th, Workforce Matters – in collaboration with our colleagues at Grantmakers for Education - convened a group of funders to discuss community college grantmaking strategies. Check out the key take-aways from our conversation, including highlights from comments by Quanic Fullard of the Annie E. Casey Foundation, Susan Dundon of the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation, and Jennifer Zeisler of ECMC Foundation.
on our calendars
- The Future We Need: Building an Equitable Economic Democracy May 2 5:00 PM ET | Ford Foundation | New York, NY Learn More + Register
- 42nd National Indian and Native American Employment and Training Conference - WIOA Section 166 / PL 102-477 May 2-5 | Catoosa, Oklahoma Learn More + Register
- Funder Briefing on Growing an Ecosystem of Worker Organizing May 4 | 12:00 PM ET | Online Learn More + Register
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act: The Past and Future of Workers’ Well-Being May 4 | 2:00 PM ET | Aspen Institute | Online Learn More + Register
- Addressing the Child & Adolescent Mental Health Crisis May 4 | 4:00 PM ET | Child, Youth & Family Funders Roundtable | Online Learn More + Register
- Getting Serious: Apprenticeship Equity Solutions for Employers and Sponsors May 4-5 | Center for Apprenticeship & Work-Based Learning @ JFF | Online Learn More + Register
- Holistic Support Services Advance Economic Mobility and Educational Attainment May 9 | 2:00 PM ET | National Skills Coalition | Online Learn More + Register
- GCIR 2022 National Convening May 10-12 | Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees | Houston, TX Learn More + Register
- Equity Insights with Alan Jenkins May 12 | 12:00 PM ET | Asset Funders Network | Online Learn More + Register
- Philanthropy's Role in Supporting Pathways to Guaranteed Income May 18 | 2:00 PM ET | Asset Funders Network | Online Learn More + Register
- Recruit, Retain, and Reward Employees with Employee Ownership May 18 | 3:00 PM ET | Project Equity / San Diego Workforce Partnership | Online Learn More + Register
- Clean Slate 1st Annual Convening May 19-20 | Clean Slate | Detroit, MI Learn More + Register
new information + resources
- Youth Apprenticeship and Work-Based Learning in the Skilled TradesNew America | Read the Brief
- Lessons and Takeaways from Supporting Small Businesses to Improve Job Quality: Seven Tips for Workforce OrganizationsAspen Institute | Read the Report
- Reflecting on Six Years of Grantmaking to Support Community Colleges ECMC Foundation | Read the Report
- Lessons learned from the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Program during COVID-19JPMorgan Chase Institute | Read the Analysis
- Profits and the pandemic: As shareholder wealth soared, workers were left behindBrookings Institution | Read the Report
- Some Care Workers Are Seeing a Bump in Pay. They’re Working to Make It Last.New York Times | Read the Article ($)
Grant, Fellowship, and Award Opportunities
- The WES Mariam Assefa Fund has partnered with Echoing Green to launch the Racial Equity and Immigrant Justice fellowship initiative, seeking applications from leaders in both the U.S. and Canada from now until May 3, 2022. Learn More
- The U.S. Department of Labor has announced the availability of $34.2 million in funding in Workforce Opportunity for Rural Communities Initiative demonstration grants for the Appalachian and Mississippi Delta regions. Applications are due July 8. Learn More
- Code Nation - Chief Executive Officer
- Conrad N. Hilton Foundation -
Program Associate, Foster Youth
- Conrad N. Hilton Foundation - Program Officer, Foster Youth Initiative
- Genentech - Senior Manager II, Corporate Giving and Program Lead, Kindergarten-Careers
- Hawai'i Workforce Funders Collaborative - Executive Director
- James Irvine Foundation - Senior Program Officer
- Urban Institute - Director, Building America’s Workforce (Income and Benefits Policy Center)
- U.S. Department of Commerce - Management and Program Analyst (GS-13)
- U.S. Department of Commerce - Grant Management Specialist (GS 11-12)
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation - Program Officer (Jackson, MS)
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation - Program Officer (New Orleans, LA)
Save the Date!
- Critical Conversations with the Latinx Community | Mar 22 - Aug 16 | Online | Ford Foundation + The Latinx House
- Horizons Conference June 7-8 2022 | New Orleans, LA | Jobs for the Future
- NFG 2022 National Convening June 14-16 2022 | Wilmington, NC | Neighborhood Funders Group
- AFN Biennial National Conference 2022 September 13-15 2022 | Oakland, CA | Asset Funders Network
- Igniting Hope in a Time of Recovery Oct 18-20 | Austin, TX | Grantmakers for Education