Application Deadline is May 1st - Racial Equity Learning Exchange
A three-part intensive cohort for workforce grantmaking organizations
- Are you a leader in a workforce grantmaking organization that has committed to equity work?
- Are you navigating the tensions around introducing or implementing equity-focused policies and practices?
- Would you enjoy a peer learning network dedicated to helping you learn and lead in this work?
Formed in 2006, Race and Equity in Philanthropy Group (REPG) provides a forum for learning exchange among a core group of member foundations on policies and practices related to racial equity and various aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. In 2022-2023, Workforce Matters and REPG are partnering to offer a unique learning exchange opportunity, built on REPG's longstanding model, to enable a small group of Workforce Matters members who are working on implementing racial equity programs, policies, and approaches within their organizations to go deeper.
The deadline to apply is May 1, 2022.
This program is reserved for grantmakers from qualifying philanthropies. Learn more.
Spring 2022 Workforce Policy Update
Mark your calendars and make plans to join us for our annual Workforce Policy Update webinar Tuesday, May 24th from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm eastern. Representatives of three national organizations will share their insights on the current education, training, and employment policy landscape with us:
- Jee Hang Lee, President & CEO, Association of Community College Trustees
- Ron Painter, President & CEO, National Association of Workforce Boards
- Kate Kreamer, Deputy Executive Director, Advance CTE
All workforce grantmakers from qualifying philanthropies are welcome to attend this free event, but you must register in advance to participate.
on our calendars
- 10 Years of the EITC Pooled Fund: Looking Back, Looking Forward April 20 1:00 PM ET | Economic Opportunity Funders | Online Learn More + Register
- Equity in Focus: Investing in Childcare Careers April 26 12:30 PM ET | US DOL–Women’s Bureau and The Worker Institute at the ILR School, Cornell University | Online Learn More + Register
- Meet the 2022 Law & Social Policy Legacy Award Winner April 27 1:00 PM ET | Economic Opportunity Funders | Online Learn More + Register
- The History and Future of U.S. Labor Law: Conversations to Shape the Future of Work April 27, May 4, and May 26 | 2:00 PM ET | Aspen Institute Economic Opportunities Program | Online Learn More + Register
- Non-degree Credentials Research Network April 28-29 | George Washington University | Washington, DC Learn More + Register
- The Future We Need: Building an equitable economic democracy May 2 5:00 PM ET | Ford Foundation | New York, NY Learn More + Register
- Funder Briefing on Growing an Ecosystem of Worker Organizing May 4 | 12:00 pm ET | Online Learn More + Register
- 42nd National Indian and Native American Employment and Training Conference - WIOA Section 166 / PL 102-477 May 2-5 | Catoosa, Oklahoma Learn More + Register
- Getting Serious: Apprenticeship Equity Solutions for Employers and Sponsors May 4-5 | Center for Apprenticeship & Work-Based Learning @ JFF | Online Learn More + Register
- Clean Slate 1st Annual Convening May 19-20 | Clean Slate | Detroit, MI Learn More + Register
new information + resources
- Federal Policy, Budget, and Revenue Outlook: Webinar Recap + Resource List Economic Opportunity Funders Visit the Website
- Amazon Workers Who Won a Union Their Way Open Labor Leaders’ Eyes New York Times ($) Read the Article
- Centering Equity in Wraparound Student Services The Hunt Institute Read the Attainment for All: Equity in Postsecondary Pathways Series
- The State of CTE: Early Postsecondary Opportunities Advance CTE / College in High School Alliance Read the Report
- CAEL - Vice President, Innovation
- Code Nation - Chief Executive Officer
- Genentech - Senior Manager II, Corporate Giving and Program Lead, Kindergarten-Careers
- Hawai'i Workforce Funders Collaborative - Executive Director
- James Irvine Foundation - Senior Program Officer
- Urban Institute - Director, Building America’s Workforce (Income and Benefits Policy Center)
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation - Program Officer (Jackson, MS)
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation - Program Officer (New Orleans, LA)
Save the Date!
- Critical Conversations with the Latinx Community | Mar 22 - Aug 16 | Online | Ford Foundation + The Latinx House
- GCIR 2022 National Convening May 10-12 2022 | Houston, TX | Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees
- Horizons Conference June 7-8 2022 | New Orleans, LA | Jobs for the Future
- NFG 2022 National Convening June 14-16 2022 | Wilmington, NC | Neighborhood Funders Group
- AFN Biennial National Conference 2022 September 13-15 2022 | Oakland, CA | Asset Funders Network
- Igniting Hope in a Time of Recovery Oct 18-20 | Austin, TX | Grantmakers for Education